Ants - Level Editor
The Ants level editor is now available! There are two parts to the level editor:
- The level editor, which is a Java application that runs on your desktop computer or laptop.
- The level tester, which runs on the Roku and is included in Ants Pro. Sorry, it is not currently included in the free version of Ants.
- Run the Java level editor on your computer. Go to Help/Testing Help and look at the IP address listed.
- Run Ants Pro on your Roku. Go to Help/Settings/Editor and enter the IP address from step 1. Enter leading zeros if needed (i.e., 10.1.2.3 would be 010.001.002.003).
- In the Java level editor, click in the bottom area to change your tool, then click in the grid to place objects.
- Change the spawner pattern, arrow limits, and anthill limits via the Options menu.
- In Ants Pro, select "Test Level" to try out your level.
- Once you are satisified with the level, in the Java level editor, select "File/Save As..." to save it to a text file.
- If you create a level you'd like to share and possibly have it included as a bonus level, send it to us!
- To run the level editor, you will need to have Java installed on your computer. If you don't have it installed, you can install it from here: www.java.com/en/download/